Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hello World

I've made several attempts at starting a blog. Part of me dislikes the idea of writing a blog because I went to school for journalism and, for the most part, blogs are the death of journalists. Then, I remember that I spent so much time in school, so I should continue writing and I need to create my own opportunities.

I recently started over. After a disastrous thesis-writing experience in Denver, my boyfriend, Matt, and I ended up in San Diego. Partly because I had to get out of Denver, but also because we love the ocean. We packed up my Prius and a tiny U-Box from U-haul and drove across a few states with two pets and landed in California.

Now, here I sit in San Diego. We arrived on June 30th. Matt got a job by July 24th. It is October 7th and I still don't have a job. I've had several interviews, most for jobs I am extremely qualified for, but that doesn't seem to help. I've been rejected from retail and hostessing. But, I move on and apply for the next job. I lost out on a dream job, lost out on jobs I specialize in and lost out on jobs I don't care about. But, I continue on every day because that is what I have to do.

So, for the time being, I stay at home and cook dinner. I paint and play with the dog. I apply for jobs. One will come around eventually. If I keep telling myself it will eventually come true.


   Dexter keeps me company every day. He is a little cuddle monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment